Monday, April 21, 2014

What's on my cutting table

Guess I forgot to actually post this one, sorry!!
 
What's on my cutting table?  Well the start of a new quilt, Trip Around The World.  It's going to be for a raffle on Labor Day weekend but I wanted to get started on it as soon as I can. 
I have the other quilt top as far I can I since I ran out of the background fabric to finish the last side of the last border.  Yes I'm pretty bummed that I ran out being that close to finishing the top but I did buy all that she had left of that fabric and since I'm participating in a shop hop in Amish Country this Saturday, I decided I'd wait until then to try to find another piece to match and finish it up.  Once I get it finished I'll post a pic for everyone to see.
 
But back to my current quilt top.  I have some of the fabric cut but wanted to get an idea of how it would look and I'm liking what I'm seeing.  Since I didn't have an actual pattern to follow I set up an Excel spreadsheet, yes I know not a normal program to use for a quilt top, but since I'm doing 4 1/2" blocks I could create it in Excel so I could start at the top and work my way down.  Looks pretty good if I do say so myself
 
Well until next time,
Jodi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment